Many of the racing and coaching activities we offer simply require the rider to have a bike of any description, provided it is safe to use.
However in a competitive environment it is essential for the rider to have a bike that is fit for purpose if they are going to compete in road based events effectively and enjoy the experience.
We have a limited supply of loan bikes (road racing ) for members to use.
With numbers limited any application to benefit from the loan scheme will be treated on a first come first served basis.
Bikes are loaned at the discretion of GVC on the following conditions:
- The rider has demonstrated a commitment to developing their cycling skills and take part in the competitive events organised by GVC or other Cycling clubs on a regular basis
- The rider undertakes to maintain the bike under guidance from GVC coaches.
- The rider agrees to cover the cost of normal wear and tear generated by using the bike such as tyres, chains, inner tubes, and brake blocks.
- GVC undertakes to cover the cost of major equipment failure such as gears, cranks, wheels and frame.
- The loan will be limited to a maximum period of 1 year.
- Parents will be asked to sign a loan agreement if they wish to borrow a bike from the club.
- Servicing of loan bikes is only to be arranged through the committee, due to arrangements that the club have in place.